Void Angels Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forums of the Void Angels, an EVE-Online Corporation.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Monitor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulric Wolfbane
Director
Director
Ulric Wolfbane

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:35 pm

What do you guys think of the Hanns-G HG-281DPB?

Let me know.
Back to top Go down
Seregon
Director
Director
Seregon

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Hanns-G are an ok make, I got one with my desktop. Apart from a dead pixel i have no complaints about it at all, but it doesn't compare to the likes of ASUS or Samsung. I can't comment on that specific monitor, i have the 19" HU196D.

So, if it's a cheap-ish option i'd go for it, they're descent enough, but if your looking at spending a lot anyway, consider something else.
Back to top Go down
Ulric Wolfbane
Director
Director
Ulric Wolfbane

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:57 pm

28" for $299! It is like $600 under Dell/View Sonic pricing.

Think I am gonna give it a go!
Back to top Go down
Seregon
Director
Director
Seregon

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 am

At that price I dont blame you, cheapest 28" I can find is almost double that (just happens to be a View Sonic), so looks like a good deal to me.
Back to top Go down
Ulric Wolfbane
Director
Director
Ulric Wolfbane

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:06 pm

I've got a post on Extreme Overclocking as well to see if they have any feed back. Seems like those guys (actually, everyone I have talked to about monitors) have a love hate relationship with every single monitor vendor in the world. I am going to give it till tonight then buy it.

I keep looking at the Dells, but it appears that I am going to get a better monitor that is bigger and cheaper from Hanns G.

This review cycle looks awesome: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Hanns-G+HG-281DPB+28%22+Widescreen+LCD+Monitor&oe=utf-8&cid=16635890005398297808&os=reviews&start=20#
Back to top Go down
Seregon
Director
Director
Seregon

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 pm

That's true for most things to do with computers... personally I think Dell are a complete rip off for most things they make.
Back to top Go down
Ulric Wolfbane
Director
Director
Ulric Wolfbane

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Monitor is ordered and should be at my house TOMORROW!!! Can't believe it is that fast, but here is hoping. Should see you guys online this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Ulric Wolfbane
Director
Director
Ulric Wolfbane

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:59 am

Monitor is here, installed and AWESOME!!! 28" is BIG. 1900x1200 is nice! Me likes it a lot!

See you all in Eve!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Monitor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Monitor   New Monitor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Monitor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Void Angels Official Forums :: Public Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: