Void Angels Official Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forums of the Void Angels, an EVE-Online Corporation.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dev proposed speed changes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
couv

Dev proposed speed changes Empty
PostSubject: Dev proposed speed changes   Dev proposed speed changes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 pm

looks like nanos are going away. fun. They gonna buy my ishtar from me?

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=574
Back to top Go down
Dregen
Co-CEO
Co-CEO
Dregen

PostSubject: Re: Dev proposed speed changes   Dev proposed speed changes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 pm

as far as HAC's are concerned w/e they were ment to tank a good bit, cause their resists are retarded, so who cares if you cant get a Ishtar to 4k/s anymore, and the Vaga needs to be speed nerfed anyway, pretty much the only thing you can catch a speed tanked vaga with is another vaga, dont even bother trying with a inty, cause the minute you tackle him, out come the warrior II's and out comes you in your pod. And you shouldnt even bother anyway, cause its not like you can web him so everyone else can catch up, Inty's need to stay outta web range themselves. Lets just say for a min, that a inty pilot does stick on a web, and orbits within web range, to get a web off on the vaga, BOOM!, webbed, dead yourself. However i do think they are going about it the wrong way (in witch they ussually do for everything in the god damn game. They nerf bat it one way, then bat it another way when they notcied they fucked it all up). Some of the changes are just stupid, and would completely fuck up everything for an inty pilot (like myself). Inty needs thoes retarded speeds just to fucking stay alive, and the whole nerfing webs to is just laughable, go and try to web an inty with a web that now only reduces 50% of their speed and see if he stays webbed more than a split second. All in all i think CCP should have thought of these fucking things before they even interduced speed modules/implants to the game. Even if they seem to think that nerfing everything pertaining to a speed tank is logical or needed, shit even IF it IS needed, its too damn late now. Now they are pretty much fucking over eveyone that currently flies anything nano'ed, and now they will have most likely 100's of millions in ISK of worthless crap ass nerfed to shit speed tanked ships that wont get used anymore, and would have just wasted all that money on something thats now worthless when they coulda spent the money on something that would today, continue to be useful. Great job CCP, say goodbye to part of your player base, cause i can garuantee you people will quit the game over this reguardless on how trivial it actually may be. 1 last thing, i dunno how many intys you will see anymore, who the fuck wants to fly a shit as inty that any drone or missile can kill without breaking a sweat, because the inty now will be nerfed, and probably wont be able to outrun a large number of the smaller drones out there. After the op on Wednesday, I will probably sell my Ishtar to some retard that doesnt keep up to date with game changes ;]
Back to top Go down
http://www.battleclinic.com/eve_online/pk/view/player-Dregen+Mal
Ulric Wolfbane
Director
Director
Ulric Wolfbane

PostSubject: Re: Dev proposed speed changes   Dev proposed speed changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:20 am

Well, I certainly hear what you are saying and have been through several waves of nerf bats from CCP. This won't be the best nerf bat and won't be the worst nerf bat either.

If I have an isk for every time I have said I was going to quit this game or even an isk for every time I have quit this game I would be really rich (at least in game Razz )

Some of the nano nerf will be good, HACs should not own all BSs outright, but the affects on the smaller ships will be...interesting to see how they all play out. It will probably be good to see the shield tankers shield tanking and the armor tankers armor tanking instead of all having buffer shield tanks and go faster then most systems track or exceed the explosion velocity of all but the smallest missiles.

We shall see how it all plays out. In the mean time, should be some easier kills to make on people that do not keep up with the updates for a little while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dev proposed speed changes   Dev proposed speed changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dev proposed speed changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Void Angels Official Forums :: Public Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: